Sunday, June 28, 2020

A rare comment

Edit: I noticed that it's difficult to tell my arguments from those of the commenter. So I decided to make mine a different colour.
Someone actually left a comment on one of my posts back in May. I was just going to leave it, but it kept bugging me. And the commenter didn't leave a name, so I can't respond to them privately. So here goes:
I notice in your previous blogs, you really come down on your mother for helping you get on disability. The fact that you are now on disability, do you feel like you’re a little hard on your mother? 
She did help me get it, but she wasn't the only one. We actually needed to beg and plead for help from a social worker who went by the name Lee. He was incredibly in demand, and I was lucky to get his help. He knew a lot about Autism, and the things that come with it. Lee has written papers on Autism, and I believe they were published. 
I don't think I do come down hard on my mother for helping me get on disability. I come down hard on her for thinking it will be ridiculously easy. She is, if nothing else, a blind optimist most of the time; she is constantly wearing rose tinted glasses, and they tend to blur her perception of reality.
Do you just have a hard time being told no? 
I don't, actually. My mother does, though, when she's convinced she needs to mount some kind of "let's screw the government, they'll never know" type of mission. They know, they always do.
Would it have been better on yours and your mothers relationship if she just applied for the disability with out you knowing ? To avoid your backlash? I mean since you’re getting it now monthly, and no longer blog about that. Pardon my comparison with the “don’t bite the hand that feeds you” quote.
I'm not sure if that's possible; part of the process of applying is signing forms and other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment