Thursday, December 19, 2019

A "summing up" post

Just in case no one wants to read the post I wrote before this one, I decided to sum things up. My mom and one of my sisters, who works as a support worker at various places, tried to get me to fill out a form that does not apply to me in anyway whatsoever, just because the sister, who does not have a degree, or a certificate or any kind of formal post-secondary education, and can't be bothered to get one, because going to school is hard for her; she also works exclusively at jobs that don't pay her enough, probably because she doesn't have any formal post-secondary education. Yet, most of my family seems to buy into the theories she puts forward as gospel truth.
As poorly researched as this was, it will always be defended by most of the members of my immediate family as a "good intention". Bringing home a nine page form (I was wrong about the length of the thing, but still, my mom and sister should have bothered to read it past the heading), badgering me to fill the silly thing out, and arguing with me when I pointed out to them that the language on the thing didn't even SUGGEST that it was something a woman pushing forty and with a diagnosis of Asperger's syndrome should be filling out. But they had a "good intention", and no one should derail these two from performing them. Not even reality.
Here is a link to the form that they wanted me to fill out. Remember, it's nine pages long, so read it before you tell me that I should fill it out. Or that filling it out "won't/can't do me any harm, dear." Having it pushed on me in the first place by people who couldn't be bothered to even read it thoroughly, has done me plenty. Not to mention that support worker sister actually thought she could be my "third party verifier" that this form requires, yet with her being a support care worker, AKA a shelter or outreach worker, of a sort, she could only have been my third party verifier if I were homeless, going by what the form states.

No comments:

Post a Comment