Monday, December 16, 2019

"Good intentions" are not researched at all, and are often half-assed, half thought out projects...

or at least they are in my family. I'm still angry about the form that my mother and support worker sister insisted I fill out. It was:

  • Three pages long. 
  • It took me less than ten minutes of reading it to realize that filling it out will not help me.
  • A later reading of it, where I was much more thorough, took me about twenty to thirty minutes.  I still could not find anything that applied to me, an independent adult on the Autistic Spectrum.
  • After I realized that this form did not apply to me, I told my mother.
  • Of course, she argued with me on this, saying things like "It might help you get in here or here".
  • All projects that only take in low income families or the homeless.
Since then, my mother has asked to see some original pieces that I've written. This has renewed my hurt feelings and anger about the whole thing. She CANNOT be bothered to read a stupid, three page form that she thought would help me, at least not past the heading, but she wants to read my short stories and essays. I don't think so. Especially since:

  • when I first told my mother about what the support worker sister told me how I ruined her floors, she actually told me that I did not need to fill out any other forms to get on the housing waitlist,
  • then the next day, there she is, with a copy of it;
  • so despite the fact that my mother practically swore to me that there was "no conversation" between her and this sister about me and this form,
  • there might have still been a text message from support worker sister to my mother about the silly form that I do not need to fill out.
  • One text does not a conversation make.
  • So my mother could have been telling the truth, but that does not mean there was not anyone scheming behind my back.
What I'm really angry about, is my mother and support worker sister insisting I fill out this stupid form, when they had not even bothered to read it themselves. The most they could have done, and still think that I should fill the thing out, was run their eyes over the words too quickly to comprehend them. That's not reading; I don't care how much they think it was.
I wish I could make my mother and sister realize that their good intentions are not that good, or even smart. Some of them are hurtful, and do much more harm than they realize. I have to deal with my mother wanting to read my pieces, but not wanting to bother to read a three page government form closely enough to see that me filling it out would not get me anything or anywhere.
Here's a useless "good intention" of my own. Someone needs to tell support worker sister that she will likely be divorced by New Years' 2025, so that she can start hiding money. It's possible that she has started already. Me telling her this might come in handy, since she and her husband, and their two children are about to move in to his parents' house. His parents will build another, smaller house on their property, and move into that. She and her family will take over the bigger house. But if the marriage turns bad, and they start to fight, I think it will be plain to his parents almost right away. They will not ask their only child, her husband, to leave. Of course, it will be her that gets kicked out. Only they will be nice about it. But firm.
The reasons I think they will get divorced:

  • her husband goes through money as if it's water
  • she is also a spender, getting mani/pedis and coffees out
  •  but he's a super spender 
  • who games, so gaming subscriptions
  • and must have the good groceries
  • and a nice truck
This type of behaviour tends to causes resentment, especially since this behaviour is mainly the reason why they're forced to sell their house. Maybe they've addressed it, but I doubt it. Of course, they'll work on their marriage for a while; but I doubt it can be saved. He has been given whatever he wanted all his life, or might as well have been. I don't think that type of thing can be undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment